Home delivery options:
Residents of private homes may be eligible for delivery of materials if the resident is not able to visit the Library. All types of material may be delivered and, where needed, selected according to the patron’s preferences. Delivery options include:
- Books By Mail, a program for qualified patrons who require ten or fewer items per month and prefer this method of delivery.
- Library Pick-up, a service offered in conjunction with the Library's Circulation Desk. Patrons may choose to send someone into the Library where their items will be held for them at the Circulation Desk.
- Home Delivery, available on a monthly basis. This delivery method is most popular with avid readers.
Senior housing and nursing home deliveries:
Outreach Services makes regular visits to the following facilities, delivering large print books and requested materials:
- Bickford of St. Charles (assisted living)
- Brighton Gardens of St. Charles (assisted living)
- Carroll Tower (independent living)
- Carriage Oaks (independent living)
- Delnor Glen (assisted living)
- Provena Pineview Care Center (nursing home)
- Rosewood Care Center (nursing home)
- Old Country Care (residential care for people with Alzheimer’s)
The Paperback Exchange:
The Library maintains paperback collections at these locations:
- Cumberland Green
- Covington Court
- Salvation Army
- La Huerta Supermarket
- Rack at the Track (in cooperation with Geneva and Batavia Public Libraries)
For more information about these services, Ask Outreach Services!